Re: [Harp-L] Bob Dylan's poor harmonica skills - loooong post.

> The people who have chosen to play the harmonica in a rack while
> strumming the guitar are legion, really. You need to accept the fact that
> for many, many people, of several generations, this is what the harmonica
> is.

I'm not going to weigh in on the whole can-Dylan-play-harp thread
(it's about as worthwhile as the can-Dylan-sing discussion) but I will
say this: those of us who play harp in the rack while playing acoustic
guitar are NOT all following in Dylan's footsteps. There were plenty
of talented players who played like this (Jimmy Reed and Dr. Ross, to
name just two) long before Dylan, and as Van Morrison has shown us,
it's perfectly possible to play mediocre harp while holding it in two
hands.

Ken

--
Ken Ficara