[Harp-L] Re: Bob Dylan

Whether its Bob Dylan ,John Popper or anyone people  debate on. The Harmonica is such expressive and  versital instrument, which has been  underutilized, There is plenty of room for many styles and ideas on using the harp. I'm considered by some to be a pretty good harp player, Iâm currently playing in a blues oriented classic rock band. Iâve played also in a number of rock bands, folk groups,a c+w  band,a jazz fusion group and even a wedding band. Any  musician out there who uses a harmonica helps us gain more acceptance. It wasn't Little Walther , when I was a 16 year old kid, who I was listening to, the band that got me turned on to the blues and the harmonica was the Yardbirds doing I'm a Man. I thought that was the hippest thing Iâd ever heard. Later I discovered where all this music comes from.
  Lets face it, what Dylan, Neil Young, Tom Petty, Bruce Springstein, John Popper and even what Alainis Morriestte  plays, you might not like. But I know for a fact these musicians have made it easier for me to get more acceptance by band members from non-blues oriented groups to  sit in with them. .Itâs impressed them to rethink how the harp can be used...Peace