Re: [Harp-L] DigiTech Review

"Rich Beaubien" wrote:
"The XLR connectors on the RP300 made hookup easy.  I played through
some of the presets, while they were kind of nifty, for me they would
get old pretty quickly as I like a purer sound. I also had a hard time
getting a clean sound from RP300. It always seemed a bit ahh.fuzzy. Most
often I want a clean sound with a touch of echo or reverb. I had a hard
time getting it, at least easily. The RPs are really for a guitar and it
seemed to be a stretch using it for the harp."

The RP series pedals are certainly designed for guitar.  The key to
getting a good sound out of the unit with harmonica is to dial the GAIN
settings WAY back. Gain settings in the single digit range on most amp
models are a good starting point.

Out of the box, presets on these units have gain settings that are
correct for guitar, and this will indeed sound like mud or screaming
feedback when applied to a mic and a harp.

For those who want clean, the "Clean" amp model on the RP200 is great
for sweet, clear harp sounds with lots of body.

Anyone who