[Harp-L] re: was dylan, now The Johnny Ramone School of harp playing.

Dan wrote: " Why bother working at it at all if Bob, Bruce, Alanis, etc. cleary
show us that there's no point?"

In Guitar Player Magazine, Johnny Ramone (may he rest in peace) saith: ?I wanted
to be in a group ever since I first saw rock and roll on television,? Ramone
told GP. ?And it takes a certain type of band to make you feel like maybe you
could do it, too. Bands such as the New York Dolls, the Stooges, and Slade
influenced me because they didn?t make it look like you had to be playing
guitar for 20 years and practicing all the time. And music during the mid ?70s,
I mean, there was no point in listening anymore. There was no more pure rock and
roll?it was all this fusion. Forget that! I thought I?d be an old man before I
could play in one of those bands."

I favor the Johnny Ramone school of harp playing.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm