RE: [Harp-L] "used" harp/what to do to sanitize?

rule of thumb, don't put anything in or on your harp that is NOT safe to
eat.

Some folks use efferdent. Mark Wilson said he uses a steam cleaner.
Search the archives - there are TONS of proven methods for both diatonic
and chromatic. It's likely you can offer your own home brew method once
you put your mind to it.

Myself... I am of the school of thought that unless it's a visable chunk
of something like, glazed ham inside the mouth piece it ain't gonna kill
me. I think you would be save with just air blasts or a well lit
inspection of the chambers just to make sure there are no bugs living
inside the harp - you cannot be entirely germ free... there is no
sterile field you can have if you are playing harp. I mean... not once
it goes into your own mouth. Two months is plenty of time to avoid
catching any nasties from a used harp.

Side note: I had a toddler invade my living room - and while I was gone
my wife was too late in getting one of my harps away from the little
tyke. She let the baby play on my newly gapped harp for a while as it
was entertaining I suppose. (says a lot about my playing I guess) When I
came home, I and picked the harp up and noticed the goo... I simply
wiped away the cover schmutz with a firm polishing - and toothpicked
(swiss army knife) the chamber holes... tapped it out and got to
playing. And, I did this without having prior knowledge that a little
germ machine had goob'ed up my harp. It didn't kill me. I feel fine -
kind of grossed out... but hey, she's a cute little kid.