From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Bry Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 11:58 AM
To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] "used" harp/what to do to sanitize?

Several replies to my earlier post. Harp comments but nothing re: sanitizing
a used harp.  A member of another harp list is sending me a "C" Herring
Vintage.  He says he hasn't played it for months and only a few times and
not much then.  However, i'd like to be safe.  What should I do to the harp
before putting it in my mouth?  (a harp condom? Ha!)

A pro harp player said to rub alcohol all over the external surfaces.

Someone else said to completely take the harp apart and clean it that way.
I don't want to (or know how) to do that.  Especially, since i'm the type
who can sometimes take things apart, but NEVER gets them reassembled
properly!

Will the alcohol do it?  I don't know if we have any doctors on this list.

Sincerely,

Bry (Indiana)