[Harp-L] Re:To Winslow Yerxa Re: Elizabeth's questions on tremolo and chromatic

Hi:  In re  your:  "Very nice stuff. Funk meets jazz  meets.............. "

.R&B!.........I  assume/hope you're talking about Peter White's music.  I'm
relieved to  hear that someone else here might like it as well.  I've been a
big  fan of his for years.  It isn't what some think of as  "pure" jazz, but his
acoustic guitar  has a purity of tone I'm mad  about.  Besides his own music,
he covers a lot of the '60's R&B  Music I love as well.  He enjoys featuring
young saxophonists on his  tours and is one of the most down-to-earth people
I've met.   Plays many instruments and all of them well, but that guitar -- is
instantly recognizable.  Two of my favorite tracks ever are: Bueno  Funk from
his Glow album featuring Steve Cole (on sax); and Midnight in  Manhattan with
Grover Washington, Jr. from the Perfect Moment album.  Well  worth a listen.
Then, if you haven't heard it, listen to Steve Cole play  "Our Love" from his
Stay Awhile album.  He's better now, though  -- when playing it live.  I want
to play that song on a harmonica the way  he does on a saxophone.  My life's
ambition!   Steve's latest  album NYLA, a blend of blues, jazz, R&B and even a
little hip-hop  thrown into the mix, is most definitely "funk" too.

Elizabeth