[Harp-L] Re: Re:To Winslow Yerxa Re: Elizabeth's questions on tremolo and chromatic

I was indeed refering to Peter White. I only really had the time to listen
to the tracks that
Winslow posted but was very pleasently surprized by the sound. Not the
typical hard
hitting blues that I listen to most of the time but instead a very nice mix
of a good variety
of genra's that I like. I've put the site in my favorites for a better look
when I get a little more time.

Scooter

Hi:  In re your:  "Very nice stuff. Funk meets jazz meets.............. "

.R&B!.........I assume/hope you're talking about Peter White's music.  I'm
relieved to hear that someone else here might like it as well.  I've been a
big fan of his for years.  It isn't what some think of as "pure" jazz, but
his acoustic guitar  has a purity of tone I'm mad about.  Besides his own
music, he covers a lot of the '60's R&B Music I love as well.  He enjoys
featuring young saxophonists on his tours and is one of the most
down-to-earth people I've met.  Plays many instruments and all of them well,
but that guitar -- is instantly recognizable.  Two of my favorite tracks
ever are: Bueno Funk from his Glow album featuring Steve Cole (on sax); and
Midnight in Manhattan with Grover Washington, Jr. from the Perfect Moment
album.  Well worth a listen.  Then, if you haven't heard it, listen to Steve
Cole play "Our Love" from his Stay Awhile album.  He's better now, though --
when playing it live.  I want to play that song on a harmonica the way he
does on a saxophone.  My life's ambition!   Steve's latest album NYLA, a
blend of blues, jazz, R&B and even a little hip-hop thrown into the mix, is
most definitely "funk" too.

Elizabeth