re: [Harp-L] Overblows

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael
Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxx> wrote:
> So I've been able to play the 6 hole overblow for
> awhile now, and I am starting to use it more and
more
> and understand where it fits in blues music.

just what i wanted for Christmas... envy ;)

> Now I am
> hitting the four and five with ease,

stop it, you're killing me!

>but I don't know
> the appropriate blues context for it.  Any help?
> I know that the overblows will let me follow chord
> changes and change the scales I can use over
different
> chords, but I'd like to start a little smaller then
> that.  I still need to get all the scales with the
> overblows down.

try the blues scale in 1st position:
4B, 4OB, 5D, 5OB, 6B, 6OB, 7B

when playing in 2nd position, you can use riffs from
that same scale during the IV chord. (as a simple
exercise, play the 2nd position blues scale  just as
it is during the I chord, then when it changes to the
IV, play the 1st position scale. you'll hear it fits.)
and i'm sure you could do much more than that after
noodling around a little.

  --Jp