[Harp-L] Re: "used" harp/what to do to sanitize?

Hi JP:  I own a couple of "pre-owned" harmonicas as well  and used  Rubbing
Alcohol on a clean cloth, getting into the nooks and  crannies with a clean
(reserved for that purpose) toothbrush and using wooden  toothpicks also
dipped in the alcohol where necessary.  It's wonderful on the metal  surfaces
but I'm wondering now if I should forego using it on the wooden combs  even
though I'm very careful and use it very sparingly there:   just  wipe-downs --
no soaking?  I can easily switch to something like Listerine  instead.

Elizabeth

"think about it people - you don't chew on a harp, you don't use it to
excavate holes in your gums, you don't brush your teeth with it - you just put  it
to your
lips and blow in and out. whatever's on it, unless we're talking  serious
crusty
goop from years of use, should be totally water soluble. a sealed wood  comb
 or a plastic comb shouldn't, as far as i know, "absorb" any germs,  they
should
 just wash off. if you really need to disinfect it, i think the best
answer's been given already - a little mouthwash. very little.

--Jp"