[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 16, Issue 48

Letting someone else use your harp was cool in the 70's,. however, even in
buying used harps, I would suggest a diluted bleach solution. I work for Yale
School of Medicine as my main job, running a research clinic for heroin and
cocaine addicst, Sonny Jr amplifiers I do part time, talk about a full day.
More  than 6-7 MILLION people in the USA have Hepatitis C, and most do not even
know  it, so the numbers could be much higher. The HIV virus cannot live more
than 10  minutes in exposed environment, however the Hep C virus is a bear and
can  survive much longer once the blood is there. We all know that the
possibility of  a raw lip, tongue, whatever is possible when playing harp, so guys
really be  careful on this subject. NEVER let someone use your harp, no matter
what they  say. Just because one never IV'd a drug in their life doesn't mean
squat, the  virus can be spread in many more ways than that. Ever shared a
straw with  someone while snorting a drug, unprotected sex, sharing a toothbrush,
razor, be  careful my friends. Does it mean we should live in a glass bubble,
of course  not, but be educated about what is out there right now and how to
protect  yourselves. I know there are many C sufferers reading this, currently
the brutal  Interpheron/Ribovarin treatment is getting 60% success rate in
irradicating the  disease. Most know my story, I have lived with it for nearly 20
years, and will  getting my 4th liver biopsy next week to find out my future.
Once you know your  time here is limited, you see life in a different light,
it's all about giving,  not taking. I hope my gift of amps has brought
happiness to many for years to  come. No matter what, live today as if it were your
last day on earth, hell, let  that person get ahead of you driving, it just may
start a chain reaction where  now they feel good and let someone ahead of
them, etc.... It's the old Karma  thing. I have been blessed to have so many
great experiences, friends in the  harp world I have never met, I would not change
the course for anything. Quality  of life, not quantity my friends. Tell
someone you love them today, everyone  likes to hear it, not just, Oh you know I
love you, I dont have to say it, sure  you do. I feel great and expect to keep
fighting till I am old and more senile  than I already am, no sympathy here...
 When sending my harps for repair I  use the diluted bleach solution 3x, they
are more sterile than a hospital  surgery suite. I would never put anyone at
risk. This may have been more  personal than most listings, but so many know
my story and so many have C that  don't know what is available, maybe it will
prompt people to get tested, because  regular bloodwork will not show if it is
present, ask for the test specifically  just for your own knowledge. A great
holiday to all, I am the luckiest person on  earth, I will get to see Sonny
again whenever that time comes.  SJ