Re: [Harp-L] Harp Cleaning

I wonder how many of those who are concerned about their harmonica hygiene skip out into >the alley during breaks for a quick spleef with the bandmates? :)

I'm told that this happens from time to time with bands that play loud music in bars... ;)

Michelle

Uncannily accurate description of what happens this end. The lads refer to it as the Astronomy Break. Not me though ? I gave up smoking at 8.05pm on February 21 1978 and have inhaled nothing via ciggy paper ever since. The most disgusting thing I ever got asked to do was to clean up and tune a smoker's harps, all of which had those old-style Blues Harp wood combs. I felt like telling him he could do the draw reeds himself. After the Astronomy Break the other guys come back in somehow more serene than when they went out?

I imagine you play in pubs where beer flows through the harp. I might do just like you if I did that. >I often find I have to clean my harps after a night of drinking and playing. Wine is a killer for sure.

Pierre.

That?s just what I do and that?s why I wash ?em out (I?m a bit more careful with the beer than you suggest though!). I haven?t noticed any difference in airtightness.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
http://harmonicapics.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Hear clips from my CD at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm