[Harp-L] Re: LRBC Pro AM Jam: Hash Brown chime in!

"Bret Littlehales" <blittlehales@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think a good jam-meister has a lot of obligations to the musicians,
> but he has obligations to the non-playing audience as well- you don't
> want a grouping up there that will cause your audience to walk out.
> Of course, on a ship, you don't have this problem.

unless they're *really* bad (splash, splash).

> I love running this jam. It's a study in psychology for certain. At
> its best, the jam can be an inspiration to others, and at its worst it
> can be a public humiliation. My job is to ALWAYS shoot for the former.

as someone who's recently started playing in a local jam, i just want to thank
you and all the other jam meisters.  it's a wonderful thing for many of us who'd
have no other opportunity to develop our skills.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.