[Harp-L] cleaning custom harps

Hi Everyone,
I felt the need to make a comment on the harp cleaning thread.
As a professional harmonica tech I know a little about this.
I have been told by Hohner techs that germs cannot live on an inanimate
object.
I think that they can live in the stuff the seems to collect on a
harmonica that is played allot.
I use an ultrasound cleaner on the harps that are sent to me for repair.
Alcohol works really well, but can damage the finish that I use on the
customized harps that I build.
If you use alcohol and a toothbrush, be carefull not to damage the reeds.
Someone said that they boiled a harp to steririze it. To that person I
would say that it would have been easier to throw it in the trash because
the heat has taken the temper out of the brass reeds.
anyway, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy Harmonica!
All the best.
Bob Meehan
P.S.
I have a few completed customized harps that I can ship and although they
may not arrived before Christmas, they should arrive a day or two after.