Re: [Harp-L] LRBC ...

Bret,

Indeed, the Blues Cruise is elitist economically: in order to pay the airfare and cruise cost, and still eat and drink, ya gotta be able to spend at least twelve hundred bucks plus airfare and some extras, for the weeklong blues extravaganza. More if you want a fancy cabin, but at least $1500 for room and board and minimal extras, at the best party I've ever been to.

Yet the thing's not elitist in social terms. Last year, on my first (but not last) LRBC, there were many working-class folks who saved and scrimped all year to attend this amazing party. Also some mighty rich folks, and many in between, but it just didn't matter, there were folks of all ages and backgrounds, all hangin' together for 7 amazing days.

And I saw no elitism amongst the cruisers, players, and jammers from both groups, there was only a family feel, very open and laid back and non-judgmental, 'cept maybe about the music.

Never say, "never" - at least never believe it! Hey Bret, you might someday get hired to play on the cruise, many say it's the best gig there is!

-Dave F