[Harp-L] Re: cleaning harps

I teach a bunch of kids to play harp and give them a harp of their own and
one i keep for them in my office (which is numbered and only they play) this way
they cant forget their harps.

Anyway when i have been short of class harps I have taken some of them and
boiled them for about 5 minutes so i could reuse them.

There was no problem with anything.  The reeds and the plastic held up fine.

Once i forget they were on the stove and boiled them for about a half an hour
or more.  Aside from the black plastic being discolored sort of white
streaking and the plastic being a little deformed the harps played fine.
Russ