[Harp-L] jam manners and aspirations...

Interesting to see the posts re: etiquitte and the gamut of personalities at jams.

There aren't any jams in "fly over country", at least not in my small town (or surrounding town).
About the nearest ones I can think of are in Louisville, Ky., and that's about 90 min. to the Ohio River, then on into the city.

So, i'd consider it a privilege ("I'm not worthy!") to just get onstage with a halfway talented group of musicians. I'd go out of my way not to get in their way. It would be great just to lay back and play some backing harp and fills on old Muddy tunes, etc. An occasional few bars of solo, but just to be a part of things. Hey, I don't have much confidence in myself, so i'd just like to be there. (after hearing me, it might be my last time, too...ha!).

Perhaps wanting to find the groove, fit in and be a part of the music comes from over 30 years of drumming.

Sincerely,

Bry (Indiana