[Harp-L] Re:Cleaning harps

Hi germs,

though the list-owner wondered on the subject gradually becoming
a medical discussion I have yet 2 cts I don´t know where to spend on
and Harpie has 1 ct too.

A lot has been said on the problem how to sterilize harps and what
material the germs like most. Yup, one material the germs don´t
like at all. Brass! Years ago I was taught that brass is bactericidal
and that´s allegedly the reason why many wind instruments are made
of brass. So, everybody who plays a Filisko harp has nothing to fear.
If I´m right there´s nothing at a Filisko MB not made of brass.

Then, the same should go for my CB chroms (B stands for brass)

Hey, Dad, am I right that a general or admiral is then also bactericidal?

Harpie, Harpie, what are you hatching? I warn you!

Yeah, Dad, it´s only that the high-ranking officers are called "the brass",
so
I thought ..........

Nevertheless, I think the discussion on sterilizing harps is exaggerated.
I remind of the usual praxis when two harpers met and one has a model
unknown to the other one. He only ask pro forma "may I try" and before
you can answer he "bites the harmonica" (as Toots uses to do).

However, there´s a way of transmitting germs which is far more dangerous
than to play harmonicas of others and which is as old as mankind:
                                          To kiss each other.

That´s why I don´t allow Harpie to kiss me because he´s full of germs.
OTOH, I don´t have the least reason to kiss him.

Years ago there was a well-known refrain "...ifa you kiss
me and I´ma kissa you, buschta me Babino baba du..."
Hmmh, most problematic.

Therefore, eskimos are a very clever folk, they nose up when they met, ....
provided they don´t have a cold, heeehe.

Merry Christmas!

Siegfried