	From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Richard L Williger
	Sent: Sun 12/19/2004 2:44 PM
	To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
	Subject: [Harp-L] Harps and Germs

	<snip>Take a good multi vitamin - get some chloriseptic and bite the bullet.
	Once you play it for a while, you'll feel like it only has your own germs on
	it.When you were a kid - did you ever put things in your mouth that were on
	the ground?You are still with us today - it didn't kill you.

	Yeah, but the problem is:  it's not yesterday.  A shot of penicillin won't
	do it, like it used to.  This is 2004 (almost 2005), and things have
	changed.  The problem is, some viruses and bacteria live on almost anything,
	and anyone with any immune problem is gonna be mighty sorry if proper
	prevention and sanitary procedures are not followed.  I do know, from prior
	unfortunate experience, that staph can live for eons on anything.  Rock,
	brass, you name is.  Strep is also very virulent and can live for long
	periods on inert material.
	So, go ahead and call me names, but I'm just not comfortable using someone
	else's toothbrush, which is the general equivalent of using some else's harp
	without proper cleaning procedures.
	As for kissing, yes, you pass many germs that way (and sure, we all know
	about shaking hands, and doorknobs, and all that junk), but I sure don't
	walk up and kiss just anybody, anyhow.  I may be cheap, but I'm not easy.
	So, Bry, clean away, and harp safely.