[Harp-L] Re: cleaning custom harps

"Steve Shaw" <moorcot@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> We should all go and look this stuff up if it really bothers us.  There is
> plenty of expert info available.  The fact is that there are viruses and
> bacteria thay can survive outside the body for a longer or shorter time
> depending on which type.   I don't think this is ever a really big issue
> with your own harmonicas.  Keep them clean and they'll last longer and play
> better.  The health issue is secondary.

i won't even play harps that i've played before anymore.  in fact, sometimes
when we get to the second solo in a jam, i start thinking about all the germs
i blew into it during the first solo, and pitch the harp for a fresh one.  i keep
a medical waste container onstage so they go directly into burn bags.
can't be too careful, ya know.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.