Re: [Harp-L] Mustang Galloping (was Running Jams (long)

Oh! A good reason to leave the stage, maybe, but there must have been more behind his ten-year sabbatical. Maybe a hundred "the guys" over a few years, eh? Hope he's back enjoying playing, at least.

I never could say exactly why I really dislike the song "Mustang Sally", and your imagery didn't help.

However, one thing I like about sign-up jams, is that you have to play whatever and with whomever else is there, a good practice. If at times it's gruesome, it's also at times magical. The other day I was at a new jam (Dianne's Blues Cafe in Arcadia, SoCal) and that damned song was called, but the singer (didn't get her name!) was great! I resisted the urge to leave the stage, and played, glad I did. I'll still avoid the thing, though. Why? What's about that damned song?

-Dave Fertig