[Harp-L] PLAY "Mustang Sally"!

"Play Mustang Sally"

I don't understand why so many musicians roll their eyes and, if they do play
it, play it like they hate to. How silly is that?

The song is so powerfully popular that, even performed with a bad attitude,
it packs the dance floor.

It has the prerequisite danceable groove and the hook lyrics that all the
dancers sing along with, especially the chorus.

How about an attitude adjustment for musicians? It is easy to play well as
long as the bad attitude in the mind is shifted to one of enjoying the fun
energy of the crowd.

I love changing the song/groove to fit the musicians interests in the band -
play it with a reggae beat, do it totally funky using +9 chords, do it
rock&roll style, etc. This song is indestructable, so, as musicians, we may as well
enjoy it as much as the crowd does.

The Iceman