Re: [Harp-L] Mustang Corralled (was Running Jams (long)

Thanks to all for such interesting input. OK, I guess I'll have to hunker down and figure the darned thing out, get a fresh take on the apparently misunderstood song.
-Dave Fertig

At 06:41 AM 12/21/2004, HASHBB@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 20-Dec-04 11:21:25 PM Central Standard Time,
dfertig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'll still avoid the > thing, though. Why? What's about that damned song? > > -Dave Fertig >

The Wilson Pickett version and even the Sir Mack Rice version,
make Mustang Sally a great classic song. Great horn arrangement, 3-4 guitar
parts
working in harmony and structure to make the song what it is. I have yet to
see
anyone play that song half way right or have any understanding of any sort of
arrangement. A damn shame, kind of like the same treatment that is given to
Stormy Monday and a few others, besides the fact that these two songs have
been so homogenized into the American subconscious that it is not even a
requirement to
be able to know either song at all, just a bad attempt will net a full dance
floor.
HB
Mustang Sally- $100.00 in the tip jar!