To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 11:06 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Gapping

I've been trying to gap for overblows and am finally
having some success.  Even for harp that I don't
overblow, changing the gap has made a huge difference.
However, I almost always narrow the gap.

With this being said, I noticed that on my C and D
harps the 3 draw bends are very hard to bend in
comparison to lower keys (and similar keys of
different harps).  In fact, I tend to choke them on
any keys higher then D way too much.  I feel like
there is just too much of a change in technique from
key to key...especially when compared to bent notes
else where on the harp.

If I widen the gap, will the bend be easier to play?
What about with blow bends (not overblows)?  If I
adjust those reeds, can I make them easier to play?
Or is just the nature of beast in terms of changing
keys?

Mike

=====
Mike Fugazzi