[Harp-L] Re: The Legendary Shackshakers

Hi All,

I don't know if many of you have heard of The Legendary Shackshakers. If you're into some crazy high octane Rock-A-Billy with some vicious harp you should check out this group. I had the pleasure of meeting the group's seemingly mild mannered lead singer and harmonica player Colonel J.D. Wilke's in Philly a few weeks back. We talked harmonica a while (i.e. playing klezmer on the diatonic harmonica, playing chromatically on the diatonic harp etc.) then he took the stage and gave me a lesson in showmanship. If you get a chance and you're not faint of heart, you should see them live. Otherwise go to http://www.cockadoodledont.com to hear some sound clips and read more about the group.

Jason Rosenblatt
http://www.shtreiml.com