RE: [Harp-L] SBWII Santa Claus (was Checkin Up On My Baby Vocals/Harp?)

Larry, you're right, that one line is as you state it, I just listened
to the CD again. Good catch.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of larryboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:35 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] SBWII Santa Claus (was Checkin Up On My Baby
Vocals/Harp?)

Bill Hines posted the lyrics to SBWII's Santa Claus.

Wow, I completely forgot another tune where Sonny Boy II emulates Wolf -
and it's one of my favorite songs of all time. It's a holiday song
called "Santa Claus" and it's a riot. He is using his "Wolf" voice here.

I once read that SBWII could write a song about anything.  I think this
example proves the point.  I have loved this song for years. Bill did a
good job transcribing it.  I'd also say that "Santa Claus" is more like
"Sanni Claw".
I'll try to fill in the one blank.

The police walked in and tapped me on the shoulder,
"what you're doing with your hand in that woman's dresser drawer?" And
the police was lettin' my baby ___________ showin' where should I find
my Santa Claus I just kept on pullin' out all of my baby's dresser
drawers

I think the third line is "I hand the police a letter my baby wrote me"

I don't have the CD with me here.  I could be wrong, but its close.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com