Re: [Harp-L] jason ricci

In a message dated 12/23/2004 4:32:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Jason talks
about that quite a bit, discussing Popper and Sugar Blue. Those guys are
mostly 'speed' first position type of guys. They don't use the 'blues
harp' type techniques of bending, octaves, things like that very often.
Then Jason hasn't listened to either one of them because almost EVERY Blues
Traveler song is played in 2nd Position. Both John and Sugar, obviously use
bends, John's Playing may not be Typical Blues Harp, but the 2 Sugar Blue CD's I
have are pretty Straight up Chicago Blues, with the incredibly fast runs. The
Two met once at a studio and were interviewed together in some magazine. John
told him of his dream as a youth to battle Sugar and sell all he owned and
follow Sugar around if he lost. Sugar invited him to play on his next CD but I
guess it never materialized.