[Harp-L] Jason Ricci and New Blood Live At Mexicali Blues

I'd like to thank David Barfield for recording this show on 11/11/04. Gary Hodgson for transferring it and Ben Nathanson for sending me a copy. Some of the more intrigiuing harmonica playing I've heard in a very long time. It was nice to hear Jason being mortal, struggling with some of the same issues I struggle with. That of course did not last long at all. Turkish Coffee was stunning in the cohesiveness of the band. Golly gosh, what a rhythm section. I really enjoyed the ideas Jason was getting at in Reverse Technology. This recording is available download or sharing without cost. http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=19981

Try it you'll like it. Best hard edged stuff I've listened to in a very long time, thought provoking. It's got me thinking differently about the instrument and I realised an almost immediate improvement in my playing simply because of listening to this band. I generally do not listen to harmonica unless it's homework. (hah) I put this one on and listened to all 3 cd's in a row. fjm