[Harp-L] Re:cupping problem response

 Hi BluWell that was the advice I needed, thanks a lot.  It feels a bit weird holding the mic with only my little and ring fingers but as you said, I have a chamber now and the difference is really noticeable.  I'm a bit worried about the mic slipping so I guess I'll  try to clip the lead to my belt or something so the mic won't hit the floor if this happens.  As for the gigs, we're actually throwing some songs together now to play in a shopping centre downtown Beijing hehe, from the 31st to the 3rd which we're treating as a kind of rehearsal as we have two standins on drum and bass, but when the others get back we'll start getting down to work and try to get some good material together. After that, plenty of bars here starving for blues as there's only one other blues band around.  Be nice too as most Chinese musicians (forget the public), if they've heard of the blues, immediately think of the legendary blues mans himself Bob Dylan!!!  Be nice to give em a taste of something more rootsy, if I can hold onto my mic that is!  Thanks again Blu, I'll be on the lookout for more of your tips...Royce--- On Mon 12/27, Harmonica Blu < bluxpress@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:From: Harmonica Blu [mailto: bluxpress@xxxxxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx: rderb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:23:21 -0500Subject: Re:cupping problem

It sounds like you need to hold the mic more forward. Thus you would have the harp a bit away from the face of the mic. Then you can create a chamber with your hands and harp in front of the mic. Keep the harp within that chamber.Tell me how that works for you. And good luck with the band. Where will you gig?BluHarmonica BluBluXpress@xxxxxxxxx
No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.298 / Virus Database: 265.6.5 - Release Date: 12/26/04

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.