[Harp-L] What? No bass player?

Excuse the very weird question - but I am going to ask it anyhow.

Have any of you veterans heard of a blues band - that tries to emulate
Chess Records sounding blues groove - ever heard of a band doing that
kind of sound without using a bass player?

Or, I would like a few opinions on a blues band that only contains a
front man (harp/vocals) 2 guitarists, and a drummer.

Or... Does anyone know of any band that only has 2 guitars, a drummer,
and a front man - and NO BASS PLAYER?

Let's just pretend this is a bar bet...