[Harp-L] No bass player......

For a great example of what can be done without one, get a copy of Jim Liban's great new CD--"Hot Tongue and Cold Shoulder".  Usually just harp, guitar and drums, but Jim doubles on baritone guitar on a few cuts.  His harp playing is tremendous, as usual (bluescds.com has it), and will open your ears.

In the group I've played with for the last four years we often work without our bass player, and mix bass, tremoloe and diatonic harps (me) with 6 & 12 string guitar, five and four string banjos, kazoo, a little bit of additional diatonic harp and National Steel (the other two guys).  Our bass player plays a little bit of bass harp too, so when he's there we sometimes have three harp players working together.  It's  fun to change things up and the audience always loves the mix and match.....TOM ELLIS/Tom's Mics