Re: [Harp-L] Harp-l end of the year report

Harp-l-workers ceased to exist with the new system set up. A couple of years of just watching the porn spam traffic grow to an unbelievable level and the fact that absolutely nothing got done via that list led us to abandon the idea of a public workers list. Just the bounce traffic generated by that particular list was a full time job. There is an ad hoc group that was formed in the absence of workers. So far little if anything has come out of that group. I'm not complaining. The work load is much lighter with the new interface and we're slowly but inexorably making progress on the outstanding projects. As always anyone wanting to help out with a specific task is invited to write the listowner at harp-l-listowner@xxxxxxxxxx Heck, we even take suggestions from time to time. From my point of view I like the continuity of dealing with all of the admin type requests personally. I provides me with context and that's something you really need to do this job well. Notice how I never use the owner's box to post? It's because the public exposure of that address means it's a target for spoofing and spam. Since the archive doesn't leave addresses intact my personal address is safe for now. I don't allow direct posting from the owner's box. That in a nutshell was what was wrong with workers, it was a public address posted on a website. This current system works a lot better for me. I hope it works for everyone else. fjm harp-l-listowner