[Harp-L] Re: What? No bass player?

Bringing up Hound Dog Taylor and the House Rockers makes a good point about
the possibility of doing this. Hound Dog's drummer, Ted Harvey, had a very
full sound. IN the 70's he told me - at Joe's Place, a Cambridge, Mass
club -- that he learned to play in the military and that his press rolls
really made the music work. The late Brewer Phillips on second guitar I
think had a really good bass concept going. He was also a very diffierent
soloist from Hound Dog. All these things, plus the band's boundless energy
and obvious joy in playing, made it work
Did anybody out there ever see Hound Dog with a harp player? If so, how did
that work out? According to the Little Walter bio it didn't go well in
Europe because HDT didn't know the changes to LW's tunes. I know that HDT
jammed around Chi-town. I was in a club there in the 70's catching Magic
Slim and HDT sat in.

Harmonica Blu
BluXpress@xxxxxxxxx