RE: [Harp-L] A brand new year - low register state of the art

"PS: Anybody know any sweet gentle tunes played in the low register?"

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Pierre
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 10:57 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] A brand new year - low register state of the art

Chris said:
> We'll I certainly no expert but the thing that has helped me the most
> is to hate the sound of the harmonica.  Most of my time learning was
> trying to play like other instruments.

I'm sort of wondering what the state of the art is for playing the low
register. I am thinking of bent notes for example the bends on hole 2
and 3.
How cleanly can the bent notes be played on a C or Bb harp. Can one play

these notes with a gentle attack? is it possible to play the 3 hole draw

bent three steps without distortion? What about the 2 hole?

Using higher keyed harps should help reduce distortion but is this a
cheap
workaround or a necessary approach?

Is this a worthy goal (on a C or Bb harp) or is this futile?

Pierre.

PS: Anybody know any sweet gentle tunes played in the low register?