[Harp-L] A brand new year

Gail asked that we all share a few tips for the New Years. Good idea, I'd say. <smile> Y'all probably know these already, but here are three things that come to mind:

1) Check out Pat Missin's wonderful site. Chock full of interesting stuff. http://www.patmissin.com/

2) Check out myquill's great diatonic harp site: http://www.angelfire.com/tx/myquill/Harmonica.html

3) Cardinal rule for beginning harpers: for every hour spent practicing, spend two hours listening.

Anyhow, peace and blessings to everybody in 2005. No matter what your religious affiliatian (or lack of such) may be, let's all have prayers/good thoughts/well wishes for the victims of the tsunami and earthquake in Asia. Many of the places where I spent youthful years on the beach have been all but obliterated. While deeply saddened I am nevertheless hopeful for a quick recovery and return to normalcy in the region.

In the meantime wishing all Harp-ellers the best,

peace and Happy New Year,

Tom Ball
Santa Barbara