[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 16, Issue 76

Tom writes:  "3)  Cardinal rule for beginning harpers: for every  hour spent
practicing, spend two hours listening."

....I was just telling one of you last night that due to having to  wear my
horse collar (still might have a fractured bone in my neck  :(      I'm being
forced to listen more than playing or  typing - something I'm not used to
doing, and I think I'm going to benefit from  it.  You're right on with that
advice.  Thx.

And in re your:  "Anyhow, peace and blessings to everybody in  2005.  No
matter what your religious affiliation (or lack of such) may be,  let's all have
prayers/good thoughts/well wishes for the victims of the  tsunami and
earthquake in Asia. Many of the places where I spent youthful  years
on the beach have been all but obliterated. While deeply saddened I
am nevertheless hopeful for a quick recovery and return to normalcy
in  the region."

...Couldn't agree more, Tom.   This tragedy is just too big to  take in so we
go on with our little daily chores, but the thought of what those  people
went through/are still going through is curdling my blood.  I'm  still in tears.

A very happy New Year 2005 to my new acquaintances/friends on this  wonderful
Harp-l board.  Thank you all for making me feel so welcome and a  part of
your community.