Materials/Gear

Am I right that the Suzuki Promaster's reedplates are
thinner than Hohner's Meisterklasse? Does anyone,
nevertheless prefer Promaster? I'd always assumed the
PM was as thick as MK, but, to the eye, [and to the
ear?] they look [sound?] thinner.

Also. I have a lot of ~gear~ questions. Can anyone
steer me to a good site for amp harp modification
~research~? I just bought 3 different tube amps, all
of which will need tube swaps, etc. I don't want to
bore the list with schematic-type questions but- - -
I'm out to build my dream amp. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Robb