newbie question re: breathing

I'm a beginner to the harp -- having a great time and love the new instrument.  I have a quick question for anyone out there about breathing.  A few days ago there was a discussion on harp-l about breathing and keeping your nose out of things.  One guy said he used a clothespin (ouch!) and someone else posted about the trouble of "too much air" after playing a bunch of draw notes.

My question is about the effect of having "too much air".  I think I've had more trouble with the notes at the upper register (8-9-10 can be tricky for a beginner) after I've played a bunch of draw notes before going up that high.  Does this make sense?  Does having "too much air" affect the ability to play those high notes?

Any advice out there for a newbie?  Thanks!

Do you Yahoo!?