Re: fender concert?

In a message dated 2/15/04 12:37:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, HASHBB@xxxxxxx
writes:
I have owned a bunch of these amps, currently own a 61' model with alnico
P10Q's. they are really good amps for a thick harp sound. They do not in my
mind sound anything like a late 50's bassman amp. They are alot more mid
sounding amp,
the bassman has alot more variation of tone. Not to say that the concert does
not produce good tone, just that it is more along the lines of a one trick
pony, but a very good pony! These amps have a solid state rectifier and no mid
control, which accounts for the type of tone they produce. I think these amps
are sleepers, alot of guys won't buy these because they don't have reverb or
because they are not bassmans. They command a pretty good price(around
$1000.00-$1800.00) but they are alot harder to sell than a super reverb or a bassman
amp. Go figure, to each his own.
regards,
HB
I totally agree that they are two different amps, that's why I said the
bassman would be a better bet for harp (the tube rectifier compression allows a bit
more flexiblity for harp). I will say for guitar that the Concert is probably
the best sounding amp I have heard, when it goes into drive it is just very
pretty. Also the Concert doesn't fall apart at high volume levels like alot of
tweeds do, nothing against tweeds, they are different animal.

Andrew