From: <party_man1@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 7:08 PM
Subject: heavy metal harp

> I have a nephew , he's into heavy metal , death metal , speed metal etc
...... I once went to one of his practic sessions , when the fellows in that
band learned of my musical back ground they asked if I had any harps on me ,
I did , ( always do ) and prodeded to play a  song , and then another song
and still more , they were amazed a harp could cut all they had to offer (
heh heh it was a walkin  the park ) and when the night was over they were
asking me all sorts of musical questions .

> The Bottom Line :
>
> Any harp will work , its all 1-4-5 stuff right ? . " Bb " was a winner
with them , they loved the darker side of that harp . Its a cool harp
because its reeds although low in sound , are not as big and unforgiving as
a standard "G or A " low tuned harp(s) and that  is very important to know ,
because trying to do a superfast  speed run on an A or G lower pitched
harp(s) is a monster super work out , not impossible , but your tounge will
be hanging out your mouth and your eyes will cross and tear up after your
first attempt on those harps , you might even get a nose bleed . The Bb is
not as I said critical when it comes to slowing you down when you want to
move fast compared to the other lower pitched harps , to play it in 2nd
position the band is in the key of " F ".