- -----Message d'origine-----
De : Windsaver@xxxxxxx [mailto:Windsaver@xxxxxxx]=20
Envoy=E9 : Dienstag, 17. Februar 2004 05:23
=C0 : rok68@xxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: Amp

Try putting new tubes into the amp.  New tubes can work wonders and help
to "clean" up the amp.  The other thing to check are the capacitors and
the circuit in general to be sure that nothing is loose, etc.  Values of
old caps and resistors will drift in time and change the voltages
reaching the tubes.  And it is important to check the bias voltage for
the 6V6 power tube.  Tubes running hot will be more distorted than tubes
running cooler - this is adjusted by bias voltage that is controlled
with resistors.
Good luck, and hope this helps a little.