Re: gear v acoustic tone

I don't think in terms of acoustic tone v gear, rather
acoustic tone + gear = you play something pleasing and
can be heard <G>

When I started playing amplified I struggled to
achieve a reasonable volume/tone without feedback
because my acoustic sound was too quiet. Even if
there's only one person on this list that has that
experience then I think it's a valid topic!

How do people get good acoustic volume? I try to put
the instrument as far in my mouth as possible, stay
relaxed in my lips and try to keep a good resonating
space in my mouth. Any other tips and tricks out
there?

Dave Shannon
The Odyssey Blues Quartet
http://www.kickass.at/odyssey