XB40

<Jazman asks about an XB40 in a flat key.
<Snip- ~with any key~:]
<All the flats are there already,
<its just a matter of adjusting your approach.
<It's a little disorienting to not
<have to work very hard to get any note you
<want, and to not unconsciously assign
<a single note to a single hole; but like
<anything, once you accept the larger
<scope of it, you can go pretty much anywhere
<you like.
In the car, with the radio, I find an XB40 in
the key of C is the only harp you
need to play any song in any key. Its like
having a piano! But better, of
course, because hey, its a Harmonica!

Me too! [sorry].

I worried at first that the XB40 would take away from
~knowing my way around~ the regular diatonic harp. But
it actually [because it's richter until you bend!]
helps. I think most of us who have played for a while
have a sub-conscious, kinetic memory of which holes
~normally~ bend. I find myself saying to myself;
~Couldn't do THAT on a regular harp. Couldn't do that-
- - -~

That said, it is a little potentially disorienting.
But fun. I refuse to put the harp down in the car
unless I've found at least one good riff- in any key
[country, classical, jazz. No matter]. I'm not sure
it'll translate to regular harp- and I wonder about
people who ~come up~ on an omnibender- - - but, as
Snoop says, ~Sall good~.

Enjoy,
Robb