Re: Gear Post: Tweed Princeton

Andrew Wimhurst wrote:
> Does anybody know if the tweeds ever came with a 10" speaker? If
> so, which model was that? What was it rated at - same as the 8"
> models? Or is it BS...?

The tweed vibrolux had a single 10" speaker (and was about 10
watts).  In 1961 (I believe) they switched to Tolex and changed a 12"
speaker.  In 1964 the Vibrolux reverb replaced the Vibrolux, but
wasn't really the same amp, 35 watts and 2 x 10" speakers.

You can do your own research on the different models of Fenders tube
amps at the online Fender Field Guide on ampwares.com
(http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/)

- -tim