Playing in tune

I previously posted about the one time I've used the XB-40 onstage.  My biggest problem
wasn't the intonation of notes I was trying to bend, it was hitting a note too hard
that WASN'T supposed to bend at all and, to my dismay, hearing it bend.   That was a
result of not being able to hear myself acoustically in a loud amplified band setting.
In fact I do believe it was the first time I'd tried to play the XB-40 with a bullet
mike.   I wish I'd thought twice about trying that for the first time with an audience
watching!  The XB-40 is a sensitive instrument and you have to play carefully.  But I
think that problem will disappear with practice and amplified experience.