[Harp-L] Re: Computer mics, nidis, rhytmn tracks

I'm pretty much a novice myself in this area.
Recently I began experimenting home recording with Cubase, and am happy with
it.
It has possibilties of recording audio and midi, and has a notation (score)
program for the latter.
My mike is an SM57.

Ludo

> What mic is really good for recording onto a pc? Could I use the stereo
mic from my Sony minidisc recorder.

> What type of hardware or software is recommended?
>
> Please treat this as a super novice question and assume I know absolutely
nothing which is the truth.