Re : Mastery ( Takes Time Like Fine Wine )

Closing remark's of :

Robb Bingham Sez ,

>I?m looking for folks who
>went through the same stuff and found solutions. This
>list has all kinds- for which I?m grateful.
>Robb

Hurricane Sez :

To begin with I am gratefull to be in this forum :)

Studying your axe inside and out is the the key , knowing the sucker like you know yourself , knowing where every possible sound is and how to get it seems the obvious answer and is easier than it looks to be sure .

In an analogy a champion does things that the others do not do and that there in is the separation between the have and the have not's .

It becomes all to easy for those who have found these answers and left the pack behind to look at those who have not and are still following their quest for harmonica playing enlightenment greatness .

Even if all the individuals who have reached their goal told you all their stories , they will invariably be so diverse and different that to the pilgrim traveler(s) on the road to harmonica Mecca may seem more confused than enlightened after hearing some of these words from the sages that they meet along the way on their solo journey to harmonica Mecca . Some of these sage'd masters are better that others at helping the journeying pilgrim understand better the ways and means to reach harmonica nirvana and other harmonica masters are not , this is a constant as well that enters the equation , so , after all this to consider and understand what is the pilgrim to do ......

Do what the champion does ...... do not do what others do that fall by the road's side floundering . By doing what other do not do , the road will have a conclusion to some degree and then again the road just might show you a new beginning once you reach its end .

I lived in what was a nothing burger dusty little non discript southern California desert " boonies " boon dock area ( it is not that anymore :) farming area , no fun places to go besides the city's one and only public swimming pool , 2 TV stations that came in so so  from Los Angeles and if you didn't find a way to entertain yourself you were a boring little bored kid ....... Thank God for my father and for him getting me a harmonica when I was 4 in 1954 ........

I found a way to get those " Missing Notes " , I found a way to play chromatic styled song note runs on a diatonic , and  I got off big time doing it too to myself once I had it down and in time would learn the fine art of " cuttin heads " any time with any musician anytime I could on stage , but that isn't the reason I learned how to do these things on a diatonic . I learned because I was  never told that it couldn't be done , I was ignorant to  what difference a chromatic harmonica was to a diatonic even when I saw them played on TV in my beginning years . In those first eight years I began to understand the guts of the diatonic and that is what made the difference in the long run ( remember one other thing ...  getting there is half the fun , dig the learning experience its like virginity once its gone its gone :) . Those first years at it on a diatonic made a lasting deep impression as I compared the two designs and their plus's & minus's once I got a chromatic at 12 .

How you find your way will be determined on just how much time you put down , plain and simple .

I began a special pilgrimage in 1998 . This was a musical pilgrimage too , the beginning was different this time , this time I had the wealth of musical experience of my past 45 years to give me a head start compared to the harmonica my first music instrument journey of the 5 I play now and the last is guitar . I am at a level on guitar that has truly schocked me to see that in five years I am literally leagues ahead of where I was at the same amount of time as I spent on the harmonica . I began at 4 on the harmonica and 48 on the guitar . I practice almost every day with a minimum of 2 hours and do it two the 3 times a day and all day when I can and sometimes I take a couple days off just to think about how to improve . Because of this hard work / practice ethic I play my guitar on stage live now with my buddy Rock-A-Billy partner Chan Romero ( Hippy Hippy Shake 1959 and now you can hear that song in a Saddam Doll ! ) , and to get an approval from this guy is no easy feat ,!
 especially when he saw me when I first began and I sucked big time then 5 going six years ago when I began that journey of learning guitar .

You want the truth ...... Are you ready for the truth ..... Can you handle the truth ? Well up there in those words is where it began for me and I wanted it sooooooooooooooo bad I could taste it  ,  the question ............ is how badly do you want it ... what will you do to achieve and fulfill  your musical pilgrimage ?

The road is long and hard ..... or is it really ?  Its a question of attitude .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com