Weltmeister Rack -- YES!

Thanks to Chris Bowser's post I got the Weltmeister harmonica rack from
Harmonicas And Stuff and so far, I'm thrilled. As has been mentioned, it's
basically a better quality version of the Hohner rack we all know and hate
(at least, I do). Instead of a wingnut it's got two large knurled knobs,
which you can tighten easily, and which actually HOLD THE HARP STILL once
tightened. What an innovation!

I didn't see the point of the rubber "grips" to hold the harp, and when I
first put the harp in the rack they really got in the way. Then I saw that
they are grooved to hold the harp at a slight angle, and once you get it
settled into that groove it really stays put. I think someone else
mentioned that this rack would not work for harps like the Golden Melody
that don't have the ridge at the rear of the cover plate. That might be
true, although thanks to the rubber, you could probably sit the harp
forward in the rack, leaving enough room for a decent embrochure, without
it squirting out.

Anyway, this is a vast improvement, and seeing as there don't seem to be
any Blues Tools racks on the market, it's the best alternative I've found
for holding any size harp. (At least, up to an SBS or 364, the largest I
play in a rack.)

:-)
ken

Ken Ficara                              [See header for email address]

If you don't know where you're going, you will wind up somewhere
else.

- -- Yogi Berra

            This quote randomly chosen from The Quote Server:
                    http://www.ficara.net/quotes