Re: The great divide...

Robert Koch wrote:
>   I have been playing the upper octave of my harp quite a bit
> now... I am still wondering what's the best way to overcome "the
> great divide" between holes 6, 7 and 8. Any tips, exercices ?

I detest "exercises", though they would probably improve my playing.
I learned to move from the lower end of the harp (hole 6 and below)
to the upper end and back by finding a couple of licks that worked
and using those to transition up and down.

For example:

6B 6D 7D 8D 8B 8D 9B

to get up there and

9B 9B- 9D 8D 8B 8D 7D 6D 6B

to get back down.

Since you can overblow, Bob, you can also try this:

4D 4D- 4D 4OB 5B 5D 5OB 6B 6D 6OB 7D 8D 8B 9D 9B- 9B

Good way to end a tune!

- -tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps