Imagine my surprise...

...when on business in SF this week I wander into a club down by the
wharf to listen to a blues band, and I realize that sitting behind me is
none other than harp-l and SPAH's own Gino (the Bambino?), who I had met
and heard play at SPAH in Dallas.  Turns out he was about to play a set,
so I made sure my we stayed to hear him.  He sure burned the place up
with a great set even using borrowed equipment.  What a great way to
break up an otherwise boring trip to a (non-harmonica) business
convention.  If you haven't heard Gino play, go to SPAH and check him
out at the blues jams, along with the previously-mentioned Ben Nathanson
and many other amazing players.  (I believe Gino will also be playing in
St. Louis on Monday - after the Cards game - at the Broadway Oyster Bar,
and Tuesday at BB's Jazz, Blues, and Soup - with Jason R, Chris M, et al
- - just prior to SPAH).
Fred S